The F-51H or “Lightweight Mustang”.
This variant had a taller tail, smaller main landing gear, deeper fuselage and the new V-1650-9 version of the Merlin engine.
This version of the mustang was lighter, more aerodynamic, and one if the fastest propeller driven fighters of its time. The aircraft was originally intended to compliment the P-47N as the primary fighters for the invasion of Japan.
- iamnothing508 likes this
- barmaroc reblogged this from hooooooooooooo0000000000000
- bilfg likes this
- craig-with-a-c reblogged this from airforcechickk
- blue--wolf reblogged this from airforcechickk
- airforcechickk reblogged this from hooooooooooooo0000000000000
- man-made-monsters reblogged this from mustangman13134
- hooooooooooooo0000000000000 reblogged this from mustangman13134
- mustangman13134 posted this